How we use your personal information
This notice explains how Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited (Royal London) as the Data Controller and our partner Marketing Lounge Partnerships Limited (MLP) will use your information. We may update this notice from time to time. It’s not meant to be a legal contract between you and Royal London and this doesn’t affect your rights under data protection laws.
If you would like to know how Royal London uses your information as a customer, see www.royallondon.com/privacy for more information.
Who are MLP?
- The Marketing Lounge Partnership are one of the UK’s only combined incentive, loyalty, partnership and CRM agencies, and are appointed by Royal London to fulfil our rewards programmes. Rewards include but are not limited to vouchers, gift cards, eGift cards, experience days, discounts and other similar promotions.
Why do MLP use my information?
- Fulfilling Rewards Offline – in order to fulfil rewards you may be eligible for Royal London will pass details including but not limited to your name, address and policy number to MLP, who are responsible for distributing rewards on behalf of Royal London.
- Fulfilling Rewards Online – In order to fulfil rewards you may be eligible for Royal London will pass details including but not limited to your name, email address and policy number to MLP.
- Collection of Data – MLP will collect and share with Royal London information on who they have issued and fulfilled rewards for on Royal London’s behalf.
How MLP uses your information
MLP will only ever use your information as instructed by Royal London to.
- To issue relevant rewards (including Gift Card and eGift Cards) as instructed by Royal London, subject to eligibility as set out by Royal London.
- To manage collection and reporting of data to document the issuance of rewards to Royal London customers.
How long will MLP keep my information?
MLP will hold your information for so long as required by Royal London which is usually 6 months after fulfilment of the service.
Who sees and uses my personal information?
Employees of MLP who need to see your information to fulfill the services.
We make sure the use of your information is subject to the appropriate protection and we’ll never sell your information.
Your information will not be transferred outside of the UK.
What are my rights?
Access – You have the right to find out what personal information we hold about you.
Rectification – If any of your details are incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to correct them for you.
Erasure – You can also ask us to delete your personal information
Object – If you have concerns about how we’re using your information, you have the right to withdraw consent
Restriction – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in some circumstances.
Data Portability – We don’t usually process your information in an automatic fashion, so this right wouldn’t usually apply.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us in writing using the contact details below
How to contact our Data Compliance Officer (DCO)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org